Sanatorium Borgoumont / Du Basil - Stoumont
Click on the photo to enlarge
Built in 1900 on the initiative of the director of the bacteriological laboratory of the Province of Liege Ernest Malvoz
the sanatorium welcomed its first patients in 1903.
This imposing building with a length of about 150 meters above the hamlet, in a clearing in the woods at an altitude of 420 meters,
is located on the south and on the south concave architecture enhances the absorption of heat,
air and light which are necessary for the caregiver tuberculosis therapy .
It is built of sandstone rubble and wood with carved stone corners.